Being plantbased doesn’t mean sacrificing your favourite foods and weekend breakfasts like fry ups or pancake stacks aren’t a thing of the past for me. Plantcakes are vegan pancakes and I love making these for an epic Sunday breakfast, they’ve been making a regular appearance on my Instagram lately and I shared a summer twist on the recipe over on Ceece’s blog for a guest post recently which you can read here.
Plantcakes make a great breakfast, lunch or dessert dish and are gluten, dairy and refined sugar free. And hey, if it’s good for you then you can have as much as you like!
To whip up this delicious treat you will need a blender or food processor. It only takes a few ingredients and is the most delicious breakfast whether you’re vegan or not!
For the plant based pancakes you will need:
1.5 cups of Oat Flour (blend up some rolled oats until they turn to flour)
1 Ripe Banana (they make a great egg replacement)
1 cup of Plant Milk (my favorite is almond milk but feel free to use oat, rice or soya)
A pinch of Cinnamon for sweetness (optional)
Follow these steps for a stack of yumminess;
- Blend your rolled oats until finely chopped into flour
- Add all the wet ingredients to the oat flour and whiz in the blender until thoroughly mixed
- Heat some coconut oil in a small frying pan on a low heat ready for the pancake batter
- Pour out as much mixture as you like into the pan depending on your desired pancake size – I personally like them small and thick
- Cook on a low heat, flipping occasionally until golden on both sides
The banana makes the pancakes taste heavenly but feel free to add chocolate chips or blueberries when frying for a heavenly flavour combination.
So next time you have a pancake craving give plantcakes a go for a healthier, easier and tastier alternative, it’s a no brainer.
What’s your favourite breakfast?